Catering companies in Johannesburg have been helping companies celebrate and look back on their year for decades. And, now more than ever, companies are being offered exciting year-end event options that exceed expectations time and again.
Johannesburg has endless venue and catering options when it comes to hosting a year-end function for your company…
These are your typical restaurants, hotels and function venues. They offer a beautiful dining space and are usually fully serviced and licensed. What makes these venues convenient is that they typically take care of every single detail, which takes a lot of responsibility off the company’s plate.
They also usually have their own kitchen, kitchen staff, and menu options to select from. In the event that the menus don’t meet the company’s tastes or budget, some venues will allow quality catering companies in Johannesburg to provide the catering externally – provided the quality meets that of the venue.
According to Joburg.co.za, this year’s top year-end function venues include; Sandton Convention Centre, Indaba Hotel, Greensleaves Medieval Kingdom and Thaba Eco Hotel, among others.
If you’re willing to take a risk on the Highveld weather during the rainy season, there’s not much that beats an outdoor event under the sunny or starry skies of Johannesburg summer! If you are worried about one of our typical light thundershowers raining on your parade, hire a marquee – they are gorgeous and make for a stylish outdoor party shelter.
Catering companies in Johannesburg can get really creative with outdoor year-end functions, with the most obvious being a traditional South African braai, perhaps with a bit of a twist, like prawns on the braai, or a delicious blueberry muffin potjie! (Yes! That exists!)
Joburg.co.za’s top venues list also includes a selection of outdoor venues in Johannesburg, like UrbanTREE Rooftop and Garden Venue, Pococks Action Beach in Fourways, and The Garden Venue in Northriding.
In-office Parties – there’s no place like home
For small companies or those who are constrained to a very tight budget, a casual year-end party in the office might just work, under the right circumstances. Making this kind of event feel special may have its challenges, but hiring a top catering company in Johannesburg could be the difference between a total disaster, and a roaring good time.
You can speak to your caterer about creating a menu that makes up for the meagre budget, and serve up something truly special.
Remember to Cater For Your Company
There are some things that you should consider alongside your catering company when planning your year-end function menu:
- Company Size: some menus that more suitable for smaller companies may not be suitable for larger companies.
- Type of Food: Consider your staff complement. As a basic example, a company made up of predominantly Indian employees might find French cuisine bland and unsatisfying.
- Think of the season: What fresh produce and meat are more readily available to create a meal of the highest standard, within a reasonable budget?
- Beverages: Remember to source advice from your catering company on what drinks are best suited to your selected menu. Food and beverages go hand-in-hand!
- Special dietary requirements: It really is important to check special dietary requirements of your staff, and discuss this with your caterer prior to the event. Besides food allergies, this includes halaal, kosher, vegetarian and vegan menus.
No matter where you host your event, many would agree that one of the most important elements – if not the most important – is the food that you serve.
Editor’s Note: don’t spoil a beautiful venue with poor quality food – contact us to discuss all your end of year event catering needs!